Since it’s summer vacation I had a bit more time to read, especially when we are sitting pool side and the girls are busy playing in the pool. Hope you enjoy my thoughts on the books I’ve read, these are my personal opinions and should be taken lightly. 😉
- My (not so) perfect life: this was fun read. I do love how they address the fact that people are most often sharing the nice parts of their lives online and not the real nit and grit.
- The hate you give: this book was excellent!!! One of my favorite this year. I felt strong emotions for the main character, the struggle she is facing was heartbreaking. I shared this book with my tween daughter, I wanted her to know about this story and to be sensitive to what other people might be living.
- What to say next: another awesome book! I got this one on a whim from the public library and I’m so glad I did. It’s a YA novel, love the style of writing where the chapters are divided between the two main characters. I also shared this one with my tween daughter, she really enjoyed the read. The main male character has social issues and it’s a great example not to judge a person by their looks or behavior. Definitely a good reminder for a tween.
- Fierce kingdom: A great suspense book that will make any parent question what they would do in a high intensity/life threatening situation with their child. It is a super fast read, perfect for a day at the beach. It’s a page turner so be warned you won’t get nothing else done!
I love reading. I don’t read as much as I would like too, but this year I’ve given myself a challenge to read 25 books (not sure how many I’ve read to date ha!). Between taking care of the girls, home, working full time and finding time to be creative, reading is not always at the top of my priority list. I do love it so much that giving myself a challenge will hopefully help me read more books.
Today I’m sharing with you the books I read this past June which was a super busy month, with the end of school, home renos and busy work schedule. I didn’t start off the month strong, it took my while to get in my first book but I still managed to read three books.
- The Girls by Emma Cline: this book was ok, I didn’t connect with any of the characters, thought the story dragged on a bit. I’m glad I read it because there was a lot of buzz about it last year and well the FOMO is always present, so I gave it a try.
- A World Without You by Beth Revis: Oh my heart, this book was heartbreaking. It addressed mental health issues in teenagers, such a hard topic to read about. Even if the topic was very hard for me, I still enjoyed the book (feels weird to say enjoy it when it was so heartbreaking), my tween daughter actually got that book at the library. She didn’t read it for a lack of time but I’m glad I borrowed it from her. This one will stay with me.
- The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo – Taylor Jenkins Reid: This book was awesome, so entertaining! I’m not a fan of old Hollywood gossip drama but this behind the scene look was very captivating. I read this one in a matter of days, perfect light read for the summer.
Hope you have enjoyed reading my compilation, full disclosure this isn’t meant to be a book review but rather a list of the books I’ve read, plain and simple. This is why I didn’t give a star rating, so take this list as it is, a simple outline of books that have crossed my path this month!